Job Reference Number:
Senior Financial Analyst
My client is looking for someone who is fully qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent and has knowledge of IFRS 9, 15 and 16. My client would ideally like the candidate to have an audit background and experience of detailed reconciliation's and statutory reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in Monthend close and prepare monthly financial statement of the joint venture
- Collect and report monthly refining KPIs and cost analysis to CFO and HQ
- Coordinating with the refineries in calculating and challenging the tolling fee recharges, ensuring accuracy and validity of charges
- Provide support on all aspects of the company’s external audit, ensuring that the consolidated group statutory and company accounts are completed within the timelines agreed.
- Identify process inefficiencies and co-work with IT department to improve efficiency and effectiveness and processes and controls
- Provide technical accounting guidance on new contracts and prepare draft technical accounting paper for impact assessment.
- Undertake due diligence on new business projects including financial modelling and provide accounting advice accordingly.
- Maintain and update the company accounting policy with new IFRS updates.
- Perform other analysis, ad hoc projects and duties as needed.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in Preparing Statutory Accounts
- Experience in Technical Accounting
- Knowledge of IFRS 9, 15 & 16 would be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Experience of financial reporting and analysis in energy industry (at least 4 years)
- Finance, Accounts or equivalent. Audit background highly desirable.
- Fully qualified ACCA/AC
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk