Job Reference Number:
Market Conduct Analyst
Market Conduct Analyst required to work for an oil business which includes the trading of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products as well as Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas with previous experience ideally having worked in the oil sector.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring and reviewing both physical and paper positions and analysing them as per their commercial rationale, regulatory classification and interlinkage
- Undertaking periodic Market Abuse Risk Assessments across all desks of the business
- Monitoring our Market Abuse systems and controls and recommending processes for improvement.
- Being responsible for the continuing implementation of the derivative regulations such as MAR, MiFIDII, REMIT, Dodd Frank rules and EMIR as applicable
- Being responsible for updating the rest of the team and the business in general for any new applicable derivative regulatory developments
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experienced at working with a high level of trust and integrity
- Must be analytical, methodical and exhibit attention to detail in all the tasks he/ she attempts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hardworking, keen and enthusiastic
- Possess critical thinking and investigative mindset
- Market Conduct, monitoring and surveillance experience (ideally with an Oil corporate, Exchange (eg ICE, Nymex, CME) or Regulator (eg SEC, CFTC, FCA) of at least 3 years
- Good technical and practical understanding of MAR, FCA Handbook MAR Market Conduct section and Dodd Frank Market Conduct related rules.
- Educated to degree level
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk