Job Reference Number:
Stock Accountant (25 hours/week, Part time)
My client is one of the largest independent oil conglomerates in the world. Successfully operating in the international oil and energy business for more than 60 years. Their key services include oil trading, tank-terminal storage, aviation fuelling, bunkering and renewable energies. Its subsidiaries in Europe, America, Asia and Africa employ around 8,700 people worldwide.
My client is one of the largest independent wholesalers of Petroleum products in the UK. Their products include petrol, diesel fuel, gasoil and kerosene. They are also a leader in the development and marketing of Biofuels which are among the most important developments in green energy. My client are well positioned to capitalise on this accelerating growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monthly & mid-month stock reconciliation for all locations
- Responsible for review of all inventory balances and resolving any stock issues
- Book stock gains and losses into the trading system
- Responsible for month-end close related activities including, monthly stock valuation and journal postings in accounting system
- Daily scheduling of stock blending in trading system
- Ensure inventory discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Work with Operations, Front Office & Terminals to ensure completeness and accuracy of the stock movements
- Preparation and submission of monthly duty return to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT 908 return to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of monthly RDCO return to HMRC
- Monthly duty reconciliation and journal postings as part of month-end process
- Collaborate with other teams to improve processes
- Document and update procedures for assigned tasks
- Work with auditors for any duty and inventory related queries
- Develop a strong understanding of the information systems used by the company (trading & accounting systems).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight daily deadlines.
- Professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Hands-on person.
- Previous experience in oil or other commodities would be an advantage
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment and as part of a team.
- Proactive, challenging and motivated person
- At least 1-2 years’ stock accountant/accounts assistant experience
- Part-qualified Accountant – (Preferred)
- Strong team player with good organisational and planning skills.
- Must be able to extra work hours if required
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk