Oil Recruitment Ltd. Caledonian House, Tatton Street, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6AG
Oil Recruitment Ltd is an international search and selection specialist for the oil and energy markets that is focused on identifying future hires for select clients. We use our extensive networks to find leaders, professionals and upcoming talent as well as to advise and provide information around trends in the market. To do this we need to hold relevant information in order to provide the best possible service.
Information we may collect
For candidates, clients and consultants, we always endeavour to only use relevant information and in its most minimal form that is needed to fulfil our legitimate business interest and enable us to present the best candidates to clients and the best roles to candidates. We will collect and process your personal data to provide you with recruitment related services, take you through our internal recruitment process, comply with administrative duties, financial regulations and the law.
The information held is generally:-
- Contact details
- Job title
In addition, if you have been previously, or are currently, a candidate whom Oil Recruitment has worked with to find a role, or we have identified your details on a job board as being suitable for roles which we recruit, the information may also include:
- A copy of your CV
- Professional qualifications
- Employment history, including but not exclusive to: your current and previous positions, job titles and employers.
- Current and expected salary
- Right to work, including but not exclusive to: a copy of your passport details if you have provided this, visa details
- Any other information required by law for us to provide recruitment or consultative services
- Any other information published openly by you on your CV, an application form, social media profile, job boards or any other media
- References and details of referees
- Pre-screening information, including but not exclusive to criminal convictions.
- Email communications (including any attachments)
- Details of verbal communication, written in note form after the event
- For our Suppliers we require a small amount of information including but not exclusive to: contact details of relevant individuals and bank details
How we collect this information
- Directly from you; you contact us in response to an advert posted on our website, LinkedIn or another social media site, a job board or a third party website or you contact us directly by email, telephone, via our website or otherwise or we have met with you at an industry event
- Details have been downloaded; from a job board, LinkedIn or other social media site in which you have uploaded the information freely and agreed to have the information shared
- We provide services to you; in the form of recruitment, consulting or otherwise and you have freely given your details
- We have collected your information during the course of our work with you
Our legal reasons for using your data and how it is used
We collect, store and use this information purely for the purpose of legitimate business interest. This interest is demonstrated below:
- To contact you directly and confidentially about roles you apply for
- To keep you informed of suitable available opportunities as they arise
- To introduce you to our clients with your consent, for you to be considered for vacancies
- To inform you of our wider recruitment services which may include events we think you may be interested in, or specific recruitment related information such as updates on the job market, recruitment advice and industry news
- To ensure that contractual arrangements between us can be implemented
- To process applications. If you have applied for a specific job, we may pass your details on to the relevant client to proceed with the application and you may receive further direct correspondence from them
- To create a database that is relevant to ensure we are providing clients with the best talent and providing the best roles for candidates
- Talent mapping; we may share anonymised summary biographical information on occasion with key clients for the purposes of mapping
- For financial and legal obligations and record keeping
The data is stored securely and confidentially in our own company database which is a Tier 3 datacentre and IS027001 certified. ISO27001 is the flagship accreditation specification for an information security management system (ISMS).
What to do if you want to access your information
You have rights to your personal information and we are always more than happy to provide you with more details on the information we hold, should you wish to enforce any of the below rights. Simply email email@example.com and we will endeavour to exercise these rights within 2 working days of your request.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information and can request any of the following:
- Update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect
- Delete any personal information which we are holding about you
- Restrict the way that we process your personal information
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for marketing purposes
- Provide details of the personal information that has been shared with a third-party provider of services
- Update your email preferences*
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you; or
- Consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
*If you do not want your details to be completely removed, but wish to opt out of us using your personal details for marketing at any time, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe button on the email or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will unsubscribe you from such emails. If you withdraw your consent and then subsequently opt in, then your most recent preference may supersede.
In order to comply with any request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will respond electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
We do not believe that the processing of this data affects your rights, but we do not want to store any information that you are not happy with, at any time.
Visiting our website
You can use the Oil Recruitment Ltd website without giving out your personal information but if you do not there may be limits on the services we are able to provide to you. If you fill in the personal information (such as your name, email address, organisation) it will be processed and stored so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your request.
Once you contact us via our website, we collect information about you. We use Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, to personalise your experience, for instance to only present jobs based on preferences you’ve set and to analyse how our website is used.
Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information and language.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Oil Recruitment Ltd website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access our website.
We seek to ensure the security of personal data. When we collect information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Sharing your personal information
We will only ever disclose personal information if it is necessary to the providers below:
- External consultants employed by Oil Recruitment Ltd
- Our internal mailing managers (Mailchimp, Survey Monkey)
- Payment processors
- Analytics providers (such as Google Analytics)
We use the above providers and processers to provide the best service. All organisations are thoroughly vetted and will only process your information where necessary. We do not share personal data with any
third parties or agencies for marketing purposes, however in the future, we might use it on social media for profiling purposes.
We will never sell your data and take great care to keep your information safe and secure.
How long will we keep your information for?
We keep records in our secure database for as long as required to provide the relevant service, and in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner and, where required by applicable law we will notify you when such information has been disposed of.
We always endeavour to provide the best possible service and our legitimate business interest does not override your rights. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com where your enquiry will always be treated with the utmost importance.
If you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Oil Recruitment Ltd.
Caledonian House, Tatton Street, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6AG
Tel: +44 565 654 830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org