Job Reference Number:
Sales & Business Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Field Sales Representative with a proven track record in business development to join a long established and highly successful distributor of leading brand industrial lubricants as Sales & Business development Manager. This is a home based opportunity and though exact territories can be defined depending on the successful applicant’s location, loosely speaking you will take responsibility for the East Midlands region.
Reporting to the Industrial Sales Manager your primary focus will be on establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships whist developing new commercial opportunities with this premium brand within the focus sectors across your assigned territory. You will be a self-motivated Industrial Sales professional, with some technical knowledge of industrial lubricants and a demonstrable passion for sales, account management, and new business development.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who can demonstrate first class sales and business development techniques to play a key role in a highly reputable organization which is experiencing an impressive period of growth and expansion.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new businesswith both existing and potential customers and markets using value selling principles and a consultative approach.
- You will understand the fullbrand value, technical advantages and sales programme propositions in a competitive market to meet individual and team sales targets.
- Manage existing accounts whilst maximizing cross selling opportunities.
- Market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, and trends.
- Fully understand SPIN selling techniques, the individual industrial market sector challenges and yourvalue proposition.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the product strategy, technical advantages and marketing programmes.
- With full technical support provide advice and recommendations to customers on industrial lubricant and lubrication issues, based on analysis and technical advantages.
- Use of value selling methodology
- Gather,consolidate, andanalyseinformation about competitive products and competitor activity.
- Actively promote and maximize brand awareness.
- Undertake regular account reviews of existing customers and employ pro-active methods to increase volume and in the case of falling sales, identify the cause and solutions.
- Experience in B2B Technical/Solution Sales, Account Management, or Business Development in the industrial markets.
- Strong demonstrable value and consultative selling skills.
- Capable of identifying and developing new business opportunities in the industrial sector
- A good knowledge and experience of operating in the industrial sector (ie Gas Engines / Paper, cement, steel) beneficial
- Experience of working with a premium brand lubricant/relevant productin the industrial sector.
- Experience in the lubricants, greases, or oil industry, is highly desirable or alternatively a background in mechanical or industrial engineering, would be an advantage.
- Able to understand commercial opportunities and have the ability to negotiate to close
- A motivated and driven personality, a pro active self starter with the appreciation of working with a premium brand product.
- A solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative.
- Confident communicatorand presenter at all levels who interacts well with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of selling high end niche products into the industrial sector.
- A knowledge/appreciation of lubricant formulation and applications is a distinct advantage
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- A flexible approach to work and business travel.
- Computer literacy is essential and a competent user of all Microsoft programmes.
Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive “can-do” attitude
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare and additional benefits, flexible holidays, tools for the job, and good career progressionand personal development opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk